Monday, March 26, 2018

I Couldn't Wait!

I need to start on this, if I'm to have something to show before Easter. 

I usually post hummingbird photos on Sunday, but I could not wait that long to show off my first photographic evidence of a female Rufous Hummingbird...  

...and a male Rufous Hummingbird.  The Rufous hummers both showed up at the feeders early on Saturday morning.  I was thrilled. 

I now have two or three Turkey Vultures regularly flying overhead.

The Song Sparrows like my suet cylinder...

...as do the Towhees and Juncos.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Those two hummers are wonderful! Very exciting to have a pair! Enjoy the Easter sttch!

Robin in Virginia said...

Happy to see your hummer photos on Monday morning! I know you will enjoy the Easter/spring stitch.

Maggee said...

Absolutely AWESOME!! Two Rufous Hummers!! That is just such good news!!! Yay! I like your suet feeder, but I am afraid that the blackbirds that attempt to eat what I put out would DEVOUR it in that!! Hugs!

LaNelle said...

Oh Beth what a treat for a Monday Rufous Hummingbirds ♥️😍 and a great stitch for Easter 🐣🐇🌷Blessings for a fabulous week!

deb said...

Your rufous hummers are glorious - how exciting that you saw both! Cute Easter stitch with fun spring colors.

Mary said...

THe male Rufous is stunning!!! What beautiful markings. The LK stitch is a cute one!