Friday, March 16, 2018

Flash Back Friday

As some of you are still dealing with snow, I thought I'd show off a snowman I stitched clear back in 2009. 



Am very,very, very pleased with this EWe & Eye & Friends finish. 
The floss color choices, the fabric, the stitch selection.
All first rate!

Above - Rhodes stitch on top of hat
Eyelet in center of snowflake on the left

Above -Smyrna stitches for eyes and mouth
Eyelet stitches for pink cheeks

Above - Satin stitch for scarf
Smyrna stitches for the body of snowman.
Now enough of the snow already - on with spring!

Blurry terrible shot of a Violet-green Swallow. I wonder when they'll begin house hunting.

The male California Quail are strutting their stuff.

They perch atop a clump of blackberry vines and call out "Work-work-woork!"

After a couple of months AWOL, I saw my pair of ravens and thrillingly the second raven had a twig in his/her beak - nest building?

Low quality photo again, but look closely there are three Flickers.

Mourning Doves have reappeared.

7 comments:

MaryO said...

Spring has sprung!
MaryO1230

LaNelle said...

Happy Friday Beth...such a wonderful & beautiful stitch😘 enjoy your Spring birds...

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I am thinking that Spring is arriving at your house!!
enjoy,di

Robin in Virginia said...

Your flashback snowman is a cutie. It looks like Spring is happening in your neck of the woods.

Meg said...

Beth, I love your snowman! Thank you for the close-ups of the specialty stitches. I noticed the cheeks but would have overlooked the other stitches had you not pointed them out. Gorgeous! And the quail... big smiles. They make my heart happy when I see them.

Meg @ livetostitch

Carol said...

I just love this snowman and all of the beautiful specialty stitches it includes--lovely stitching, Beth!

Maggee said...

What a cute Snowman! Too many specialty stitches for my tastes... heheheh! Love how many Flickers you had that day--wow! Hugs!