Monday, March 5, 2018

One Last Valentine Stitch

Design - "A Year in Chalk - February"
Designer - Hands on Design
Fabric - 30 count WDW Gunmetal linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 24 February 2018
Finished - 28 February 2018

I like the simplicity of this design chalk white with pink accents.

So I intend to post on the GBBC tomorrow and hope to compare and contrast this year's results with those of past years. In the meantime...


The Yellow-rumped Warbler continues to brighten my days.

I am seeing both Black-capped Chickadees and Chestnut-backed Chickadees at the feeders.  The Black-capped are eating sunflower seeds, while the Chestnut-backed are flying away with peanuts. 

This is a weird winter - no sign of White-crowned Sparrows or White-throated Sparrows - just lots of Golden-crowned Sparrows.

I also have more Fox Sparrows than past years.

The male California Quail are beginning to exhibit territorial behavior like this bird.  Perching up on a higher branch and calling out to the other males "This is my domain!"

8 comments:

LaNelle said...

I agree Beth it is a simple but oh so lovely stitch💕..looking forward to your results of bird count always fun to compare previous years...have a great week☀️

Vickie said...

What a pretty finish Beth.

Justine said...

That's a lovely finish Beth, so pretty. I love your chickadees.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your February chalk piece looks great, Beth! I like the new blog header for March. Off to catch up on the previous days' posts.

RJ said...

Oh I really like your chalk stitch and it is perfect for February. The warblers are darling. Your photos always catch them perfectly. RJ

Carol said...

The February chalk piece is darling, Beth! I have always intended to stitch that one, too, but it keeps getting passed over! Maybe next year :)

Mary said...

Love the stitch on grey, such a pleasing color combo. Hope the warbler sticks around!

Maggee said...

That's a cute finish...nicely done! I just marvel at how different the Yellow-rumped Warbler is out there, as compared to the Myrtle one out here! Amazing! We still have White-throated Sparrows and Dark-eyed Juncos here... I thought they left earlier...NO ONE saw Fox Sparrows around the area here. I have an exciting surprise to share on the blog... perhaps at the end of March, when I hopefully get decent pictures! Hugs!