Monday, July 18, 2016

The Second Half of the Month

I started on "Liberty 1776" clear back in 2012 and I worked on it the littlest bit last July. So I've pulled it out and it is going to be my WIP Wednesday project until I have it finished.

No new quail families to report.

While there are lots of young quail,

...they all belong to the co-parenting threesome.

Here you can see the adult male and female that co-parent with the single male.

Here's the single male.

I had a Great Blue Heron fly overhead.  Not a wonderful shot, but proof that it happened. 

There are still lots of young birds like this American Robin.

I also had a young Black-headed Cowbird show up for a visit.

I know some folks do not care for them, but as I rarely see them, I think it is a treat.

And she agrees!

Back to baby quail.

These two climbed up a blackberry vone to enjoy the morning sun.

This group is developing their top-knots.
It won't be long now before I am able to tell the males from the females.

On a recent walk I came across a group of several Bushtits. 

They are always a delight.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Lovely pics as always. I love seeing the baby quail mature. Top knots in development! The last pic of the bushtit is wonderful!

Barb said...

I love that Liberty design. Every time I see it I say to myself , "You need to get that one." I always enjoy seeing the baby birds especially the quails.

Annette-California said...

Love that you've pulled out a older piece and it's pretty! Love all your photos!
love Annette

Maggee said...

Those growing quail are so cute--especially with the top knots coming in! Love those little Bushtits! Not a fan of cowbirds, since the menace my feeder birds... Look forward to see Liberty 1776 finished... you probably did by now, but I am catching up a little! Hugs!