Sunday, July 3, 2016

Sunday Hummers

I ended up with lots and lots of hummingbird photos this week.
Enjoy!
An Anna's approaches the feeder while a Rufous drinks.

I bought a group of six orange plants.

The hummers are pleased.

A female Rufous.

Looking stern.

Staring at me straight-on.

Enjoying a drink from a Cuphea.

Agastache 'Tutti Frutti' is also a favorite.

Salvia and a Rufous. 

Taking a break.

Salvia 'Amistad' and a Rufous.

A female Anna's at one of the front feeders.

It's crazy, I am having to refill the feeders every couple of days.

See, this one is almost empty again!

You can wait here while I clean the feeder and refill it.

I'll be just a moment.

Thank goodness we just bought 10 pounds of sugar!

Thanks for waiting.

This Rufous likes to perch on my Beauty Bush.

Looking up...

...and to the left.

Sticking your tongue out is rather rude!

Here are two female Anna's at a feeder.

I've seen four birds - one on each port, but I did not have my camera with me.

I think my current census is: 4 Rufous females, one immature male, and one adult male.

Anna's - I have four females and one adult male.

That's almost a dozen birds, no wonder I am constantly filling the feeders.

5 comments:

Maggee said...

Yes, no wonder! That's a lot of hungry tiny birds! But love seeing them!

Barb said...

Your photos are spectacular!!! We are enjoying our little hummer who rules the yard!

Stewart M said...

Great post. I still remember how excited I got when I saw my first hummers - what great birds!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Margaret said...

So wonderful that you have so many hummers around! Love the pics!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Such little beauties.