Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Four Eagles and Some Woodpeckers

Design - "America"
Designer - The Stitching Parlor
Fabric - 28 count Lambswool Jobelan
Fibers - Crescent Colors - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 19 July 2016
Completed - 25 July 2016

Here are my four eagles - they happen to be patriotic ones! This design is very different from anything else that I've stitched this July. 

While I haven't seen any eagles, I have seen several woodpeckers. 

I have confirmed sightings of a male Downy Woodpecker...

...and a female Downy Woodpecker!

While these are one of the most common residential woodpeckers, I've not had any around for a couple of years. 

This small suet feeder on the front porch has become a Downy Woodpecker magnet.  It proves that changing feeders and feeder locations allows one to get a larger variety of birds.

I am once again seeing a female Hairy Woodpecker.

This is a juvenile male Hairy Woodpecker.

And here's the female once again.

I caught a REd-breasted Sapsucker beginning its morning with a good preening session. 

The light was not that great...

...but I did finally manage a couple of shots which show off the head and breast.

It has quiet the black and white feather pattern as well.

Here's the female Acorn Woodpecker. 

I don't often see her this time of year.

Size comparison: Downy Woodpecker on the upper left, Flicker on the bottom right. 

This is a young male Flicker with a very faint red mustache.

That's all my woodpeckers for this week!


6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Always enjoy your bird photos! Congratulations on your eagle finish! What a lovely design!

Pondside said...

We see lots of eagles and hear lots of woodpeckers up here. Some people don't like the sound of the woodpeckers, but I do.

CalamityJr said...

Great new finish. You've been so prolific with patriotic patterns you'll have created a complete header in just this one month with no need to add older designs! (much as we love seeing ALL your work :))

Justine said...

I love that Eagle design - so unusual. You've stitched so many sweet designs this month!

Maggee said...

Another great finish! It IS very different, but I like it! I have a pair of round tins that I have been searching for an appropriate design... that is a good inspiration! Loving all the woodpeckers! Too hot here to get out and so any sightings... Working on stitching. Hugs!

Barb said...

The Eagle finish is beautiful!