Friday, July 8, 2016

July Stitching July Birds

Design - "July"
Chart - "3 for 2 July"
Designer- Curtis Boehringer Cross Stitch
Fabric - 28 count Light Mocha Cashel
Fibers- DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 2 July 2016
Completed - 3 July 2016

I think this is the first month this year when I've been able to start a themed stitch at the beginning of the month.  This is an older pattern (1998) and I quite like it all these years later.

And now on to the July Bird of the Month. 

A winner in sheer numbers - the California Quail. 

This first two photos are of one of my childless couples. 

Here's a group of babies in the backyard...

...with Papa Quail standing guard from up on high.

Watching, watching, watching.

A good Dad.

And another couple.

6 comments:

Justine said...

I love your great patriotic stitch! Gorgeous quails.

Vickie said...

What a sweet, little pattern. And adorable pictures.

Maggee said...

For sure, by sheer numbers!! They are very prolific! I like the Curtis Boehringer design too... nicely done! Hugs!

EvalinaMaria said...

What a lovely family of Quails! Thank you for sharing.

Pondside said...

I like the simplicity of the July project. It is very pretty. As for those couples - they are beautiful.

Barb said...

July is such a pretty design, I love the colors!