Sunday, September 20, 2015

Serene Sunday

This week I have both Anna's and Rufous Hummingbirds out and about. 

Though I do not have many Anna's photos, I counted five birds at the front feeders on Thursday morning.

There are at least three females, a mature male and this young male bird.

He is beginning to grow his lovely head feathers.

The females are quite pretty too.

There must be a couple of Rufous Hummers based on all my photos - surely they are not all of the same bird.

The Rufous Hummingbirds are smaller and stockier than the Anna's.

And while they have a green back like the Anna's, their chest is a mix of white and brown.

It gives them a white neck collar.

This one thought the hammock made for a great perch.

What's not to like?

Puffed up on a cool September morning.

And...we have lift-off!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Great close-up shots of these little guys. We had three hummingbirds fighting over the feeder the other day and they kept buzzing my head. They're as loud as huge bees!
Cathy
CraftyCat

Margaret said...

Love the hummers -- that lift off pic is wonderful!

Barb said...

I just love the Hummingbird pictures. I'm surprised to see the Rufous still around.

Maggee said...

Yeah--what's not to like about any hummers!?! I am two weeks behind in reading blogs now, but determined to catch up this week! Visiting family one week, and came home sick... oh joy! Good time to sit at the computer tho! Hugs!