Saturday, September 5, 2015

August Trail Camera Photos

August was very hot and dry.  I thought we'd have lots of action at our 5 gallon galvanized water trough, but it was overwhelmingly deer.

See what I mean?

We did get a good close up or two.

More deer drinking.

And strolling.


And munching.

I included this shot to show how the thick smoke from forest fires changed the quality of the light even in the dense shade. Everything has a brown cast. 

We did have one opossum come by for a visit.  

And on August 17th at 7:14am a bob-cat ambled by.

The zebra stripes on the legs are remarkable and distinctive.

Not to be out done, on August 19th and 9:05am a muscular fit cougar came to visit.

Though it is harder to see, there's cougar in front of the tree on the right at 4:20am the next day.

See him?

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Yes, I see them all. I would not want to be on that trail at night!

Joyce said...

Love when you put your trail cam pictures up for us to see. Also so sorry to hear about Tom cat , they all have a special place in our hearts. Your tribute was exceptional.

Barb said...

I would guess all the animals were pretty thirsty.

Angie said...

Beth, I love all of your pictures but the cougar is majestic. It brought back memories of our time in California when we lived on Fort Hunter Liggett. We had the great wide open behind our house and used to see them quiet frequently seek shelter under a big tree in the field. We called them mountain lions but I believe it's one and the same, just two different names.

Jeannine520 said...

What lovely pics! Thank you for sharing them. I can't imagine having such large wildcats right in my yard. How wonderful. Are your own cats in any danger because of them?