Friday, September 18, 2015

Another Tiger Stitch and Feathered Friends

I started stitching "Primitive Cat" by Mosey 'n Me last September and it has languished since then.  I got it out and hope to get it back in my stitching rotation.  I think Tom-Cat would have approved.

Here are some of the other birds that are semi-regular in mid-September.

A juvenile American Robin

Steller's Jays having a confab at the watering hole.

Red-breasted Nuthatch 

Song Sparrow

White-crowned Sparrow

Juvenile Golden-crowned Sparrow

Juvenile Starling
I am so happy that for the last several weeks the Starlings, while in the area, have not been using my bird feeders.

I cannot get enough of my Western Tanager.

I think the males have left and now I just see females and juveniles.

No matter what the calendar may say, this for me is a sign of autumn.
A very large flock (130 or more) of Cedar Waxwings.  They have been gathering in larger and larger numbers in the morning and evening.  They roost in this tree chattering and grooming before they either head off for the day to eat hawthorn berries or find a safe place to spend the night.  

"I don't know, what would you like to do today?"

"Don't you turn away from me like that!"

"Seriously!"

9 comments:

Vickie said...

What a sweet cat you are stitching up.
Those Stellar's Jays are stunning. So pretty.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Lovely cat it is so cute
Always beautiful pictures

Katken said...

Love the Mosey piece. I met Frank & Judy years ago....great people. Frank is a hoot!! My daughter has a way cool orange boy named Weasley....yes a Potter name!! I think I'll pick one from your header to stitch for Weasel-peasel. So sorry about your Tom. Keep stitching!!

Joyce said...

The cedar waxwings are absolutely adorable, would be real excited to get some to visit my house. Like the cat stitching.

Barb said...

Your close up photos of the birds are just wonderful. I have many of those birds in my yard, I just have never seen them that close. I think Tom Cat would love your WIP!

daisy g said...

Wow, you've got a lot of birds.
Love your stitching!

Weronika said...

Lovely pictures and great stitching.

Maggee said...

I really like this Mosey n Me piece... look forward to seeing progress. Wow! Look at all those Cedar Waxwings... of course, you told us they would come... and they did! Great shots as always!

Melody said...

I like the Mosey and Me Primitive Cat. It will be a great addition to your cat themed pieces.