Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Back in Time We Go & Off to the Market We Go

I'm sure you are getting tired of updated WIP photos, so I decided to share a cat stitch or two from many years ago.

Design - "Minerva"
Designer - The Goode Huswife
Fabric - 32 count Muffin linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 19 July 1998
Completed - 29 July 1998

I think there are 6 or more cat designs in this series and I have all the charts, but still need to stitch a couple of them including the Halloween and Christmas designs.  Something to think about when planning for 2016.

We've been remiss this year about going to the small growers' market at Spencer Creek Grange about one mile from our house.

A couple of weeks ago, we finally got around to visiting. 

It's a small market with between 9-12 vendors.

There were at least three stands selling produce.

Some of our neighbors patronize the market each and every Saturday.

I liked the bouquet of September flowers.

And there was a nice selection of September produce...

...including ornamental pumpkins.

On stand offered baked goods, another jewelry, yet another had knitted items, and one carried aprons for the kitchen and for gardening.

There's a cafe at the Grange too.

I had a gluten and dairy-free corn cake topped with honey butter.

And I came home with a dozen free range eggs.

6 comments:

Carol said...

I just love that old cat finish, Beth--thanks for sharing! I don't think I've seen it stitched before.

The colors in the farmer's markets are so wonderful this time of year--even the shades of the eggs are amazing!

Vickie said...

Minerva is sweet. Your eggs look so nice. :)

Le trame della Galaverna said...

I adore your project, cat is so cute.
Beautiful market.

Barb said...

What delightful cat designs. I'm really impressed with tomatoes for 1.50. What a nice little market.

Wanda said...

I never tire of WIPS Beth! Eventually we get things finished! I am loving your ark with the bunnies and cats.
The chestnut back chickadees are so adorable! What great pictures of them. Although turkey vultures are anything but pretty, there is something magnificent about them.
Your picture of your free range eggs just made me smile and took me instantly home - thanks!

Maggee said...

Really cute cat design by the Good Huswife... bet those charts are now hard to find! Haven't been to our Farmer's Market lately... we should give it a try, once this major storm passes! Hgus!