Monday, May 22, 2017

Violet Green and Yellow

Design - "Sampler Bunny"
Designer - Homespun Elegance
Fabric - 30 count WDW Putty
Fibers - WDW & DMC
Started - 27 April 2011
Completed - 30 April 2011

The Violet-green Swallows are now very business-like. 

While they do perch prettily for me...

...mostly they are swooping down to the ground for nesting materials.

I think the birds have stacked claim to the house of their choice.

I now see them flying in with a large feather...

...or dry grasses like this bird is collecting. 

I was pleased to have a flash of yellow catch my eye on the 19th.

The male Yellow Warbler returned for another brief visit.

He literally brightened my day!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Beth, The bunny is adorable! I love the rich, brilliant colors of the swallows and always love seeing photos of the yellow warblers. Have a great day birdwatching! Mary@stitchingfriendsforever2

MaryO said...

So sweet the stitched bunny. So beautiful the birds. The warbler is awesome!

RJ said...

Beth, this is one of my all time favorite bunny charts. You did a great job! Your bird photos are lovely as always. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever2

Maggee said...

Yellow warbler is quite the find! I saw my first Purple Martins Thursday while birding... yay! But there were also Tree Swallows flying around there too! Hugs!