Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Merry Month of May

Design - "May's Lily"
Designer - Cottage Garden Samplings
Fabric - 28 count Lambswool linen
Fibers - GAST, WDW, & DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 27 October 2013
Completed - 12 November 2013


About 1 1/2 miles from our house, the trees that edge swampy fields ring with the sound of Red-winged Blackbirds.  I rarely see them at home, though we do have lots of water (creeks) on our property.  

My flock of Evening Grosbeaks continues to grow.

These two females were hanging out together.  I cannot help but wonder if they aren't a mother /daughter combo from summer 2016. 

A female Flicker - I enlarged this photo as I was taken with the complexity of the length of the black tail feathers. Long, short, short, short, long...

Still lots of Black-capped Chickadees. I watched a pair check out a birdhouse the other evening - I'm hopeful that I'll get to watch a nesting pair. 

A Towhee singing his heart out.  The Towhee's have a very pretty song, but somehow with those bright red eyes, they end up looking rather demented.

The Bushtits have paired up and should be looking at nesting sights.

They build an amazing hanging nest. 

5 comments:

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful xx

Vickie said...

May's Lily is sooo adorable!

Wanda said...

I am so fascinated by flickers and hope one day to see one. My sister has them at her place but I have not been lucky enough to see one when I am there.

MaryO said...

Beautiful. LOVE the towhee!

Barb said...

I love that stitched design. Lilly of the Valley smells like heaven! I am growing some just for the smell!!