Thursday, May 11, 2017

As May Blooms There's a Yellow Bird & Blue Bird

Design - "May Blooms"
Designer - Bent Creek
Fabric - 32 count French Country Cafe Mocha
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - May 2015
Completed - May 2015

I need to compile a list of all my Yard Birds.  Even after living here for 10 years, I still 'collect' a new yard bird or two each year.

On Tuesday morning as I was watching the American Goldfinches, I was thrilled to spy this handsome fellow hanging out in the brush.

It's a male Yellow Warbler - a rather straight-forward name. 

He was quiet - no singing, so I was glad that he caught my eye.

Mostly yellow with darker wings and fine red stripes on his breast.
I wonder if I'll get to see him again.

And here's yet another new yard bird - a Warbler Vireo!
I need to read up on him and the Yellow Warbler.

And while I was eating dinner Tuesday evening, I looked out to see that my male Bluebird had returned.

No great photos as they were shot through the window.

I did not expect to see him again.
All in all Tuesday was a very special birding day!

It was flat out exhausting!

3 comments:

MaryO said...

Wowie zowie! A birding lollapalooza! I hope the bluebird finds a mate and makes a home!

Thanks so much for these pics.

MaryO1230
San Pedro, CA

Carol said...

Oh, that yellow warbler is a beauty, Beth! It's so nice to see that your male Bluebird has returned, too--he must feel right at home in your yard!

Barb said...

How exciting. That yellow warbler is beautiful!! You must be so happy that the bluebird returned!