Sunday, May 28, 2017

Only Anna's

Suddenly I no longer am seeing any Rufous Hummingbirds - just Anna's.
The absence of my male Rufous is especially concerning - why, suddenly is he no longer haunting the backyard? 

On the other hand, there has been no shortage of chipmunks - five in this photo.

And six, including a couple of blurs, in this photo.

Here's a few close-ups.

Yes, I'm hungry.

Chubby cheeks.

They've been getting into the garage, so I've set out a bowl across the driveway in hope of discouraging foraging in the garage.

After breakfast, a couple of chippies come up to the back patio to have a drink of water.  The stand on their hind legs and drink the water that cascades down the sides of our fountain. 

Let's not forget our bunnies...

...and deer.
That's the wildlife wrap up for this week.

3 comments:

Barb said...

A lovely wildlife wrap-up. We have an Anna's that visits our deck. I too, have not seen a Rufous.

Stewart M said...

If I had hummers and chipmunks in my garden I would never get to work - that does not sound all that bad if the truth be told!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Maggee said...

Awwww... all so very cute! We have seen a couple of Cottontail bunnies next door in their backyard. (The house is in between renters, so it is a safe haven for all!) Yesterday, the tiniest bunny was eating the clover on the ground by my side of the yard, and then he went to a dry spot, plopped down and did a bit of a dust bath. Then it took a nap, until it started to rain! What a life!