Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pears and Such

Design - "P is for Pear" (Baubles)
Designer - SamSarah
Fabric - 28 count Newport Red/Natural Zweigart
Fibers - WDW and GAST
Started - 5 October 2010
Completed - 8 October 2010


I am missing the JABC button for the center square - I'll post an updated photo when I receive the button.  Once again it is all about color, color, color.
The use of Bright Leaf, Red Pear, Roasted Marshmallow, Straw - these exemplify the richness of autumn.
We even have a pear as a piece of garden art.

And on the gardening front, here's a bit of magic!

Bibbity...

Bobbity...

Blue - I mean Boo!

The winter squash did not turn into carriages, but the three 1/2 price hostas got planted in three wonderful 1/2 price pots - that's magic too!  

You can find more inspiration at Porch and Garden Party at First A Dream!

2 comments:

Denise C said...

What a pretty post. I don't know where to start - I love it all. The cross stitch is beautiful. The pear garden art... oh, my! I've been keeping my eye out for interesting garden art, but I haven't seen anything as pretty! Truly!!! And your blue planters - I love blue in the garden - such an unexpected pop of color. 1/2 price!!! Where??? I think I need to go visit some garden stores and see what they might be marking down! I'm SO glad you joined my party! You definitely inspired me!

Unknown said...

I just found your connected to your blog from Edgar's, and it is beautiful!!

I really love the pears, and you are right - the colors are fantastic. I may have to find this chart for myself.

I also love the garden art, it is so happy!!