Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Does Anyone Else Buy Plants in October?


Design - "Calendar October"
Designer - Ewe & Eye & Friends
Fabric - 32 count Raw Belfast linen
Fibers - Anchor - 1 strand over 2 threads
Started - 2 October 2010
Completed - 4 October 2010


I think I say it over and over, but I cannot overstate my admiration for creative people.  Once again a designer's use of form and color just blows me away!  The muted stars and moon, and the umber pumpkin contrast with the aubergine colored word "Halloween" - wonderful! 


For your Tuesday Garden Party pleasure, I bring you...hostas!
How many do I have?  Let's just say I have an assortment - a collection!

Blue Cadet, Little Popcorn, and Sunspot
How was I to resist these three cuties?  They were 50% off - and brand new, fresh plants - small hostas - perfect for my "Hosta in a Pot" fetish! 

I also purchased some pansies - they are the most hopeful plants as the growing season winds down.

And yes, there is a fuchsia on top - such tiny blossoms and wonderful foliage!
I confess, I'm in love with chartreuse - can you tell?

Now I need to go back outside and plant everything!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

October is the best time to buy plants! especially perennials! I'm in love with your pansies!

Annemarie said...

Another lovely pumpkin. And yes, I buy plants in October! I buy them year round, actually :o)

Denise C said...

You found some great deals and next Spring, you'll be very happy to have bought those hostas! Hostas are so wonderful. I already have a few things on my plant list to buy. After reading your post, I think I'm going to have to add hostas to the list!

I hope you don't mind. I linked your post to my PORCH AND GARDEN PARTY at firstadream.blogspot.com.

Ms. Kathleen said...

The flowers are gorgeous... have a wonderful day!