Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Haunting Halloween!

I am writing this late Saturday night, technically early Sunday morning.
I am still "juiced" from watching the #1 University of Oregon Ducks Football team beat the University of Southern California Trojans in Los Angeles! 
For my overseas readers, it is much like following your local soccer team - faithfully - for years - only to find that suddenly they are now better than say, Manchester United!   

Anyway in celebration of a truly "spook-tacular" win I bring you...

Design - "Punkin Spider"
Design - Amy Bruecken Designs
Fabric - 30 count Carrot WDW linen
Fibers - GAST, CC, & DMC
Started - 28 October 2010
Completed - 30 October 2010

I should mention that the funky pumpkin smile was created using DMC "Memory Thread".  I also used it on "Punkin Crow".  I found it at my local Michael's Craft Store. 

Just two more weeks of outdoor Farmers' Market - then they move inside for the holiday season.  It was much quieter this Saturday - fewer vendors and customers.  I had to make-do with just a pain au chocolate for breakfast.
Oh, how I suffer!

I thought this variety of pumpkin charming!

And I loved all the colors of the Japanese Maples for sale.

As a Halloween bonus, I leave you with stitch from my "Cross Stitch Archives". 

Design - "Yikes"
Designer - Bent Creek
Fabric - Champagne linen
Fibers - GAST
Started - 2 December 1998
Completed - 10 December 1998

Hope you have a Happy Haunting Day!


4 comments:

Julianne said...

Happy Halloween! You sure have a wonderful variety of stitched pumpkins. I really enjoy seeing them all.

Unknown said...

Punkin Spider is darling! His expression is too cute - great stitching!

Go Ducks! I am not a fan of Oregon, but I do love seeing USC beat!

Yikes is on my mantle from years past as well.

Happy Halloween!

Stephanie M. said...

I just recently found your blog. I really love seeing your pictures of Oregon. While growing up I spent many summers at my grandparents house in Tualatin, Oregon. I also have to give your Duck's their due...even though we are die hard Trojan fans here in Orange County, California...Just hope you can keep paying well to represent the PAC-10.....Thanks again, Stephanie

carol fun said...

I love all your pumpkiny finishes! And those pumpkins you saw at the market are wonderful -I've never seen any like that. Happy Halloween!