Friday, June 23, 2017

Weekly Woodpeckers

Since I'm on a roll I decided to stitch up another bee-themed design.
We shall see how it goes.

Now for the Weekly Woodpecker Report.

Here's a female Downy... 

...and a male Downy.

I am watching the newly fledged Hairy Woodpeckers.

They are incredibly entertaining.

The babies are adorably awkward and noisy.

Isn't he cute?

Father feeding son.

Mother and daughter.

Love how they have the exact same pose.

Baby boy.

Hmmm...can I eat this?

Son and mother.

I'm lazy, feed me!

"I've got a pretty good thing going on here!"

And on to the Acorn Woodpeckers.

I've only seen the male - hope this means the female is nesting.

Female Flicker on the ground...

...eating...

...and perched.

And here's a male Flicker to finish off the Woodpecker Report.

4 comments:

Barb said...

I always love the wood pecker posts. We were sitting on the deck the other morning and a pileated wood pecker flew right past, quite a thrill!

RJ said...

I have that same stitch Beth and look forward to working on it when we go on vacation in July. I continue to be so amazed at all the different types of birds you get to see in your part of America. Love your photos. RJ @ stitching friends forever.

Mary said...

Great photos and the photo of the flicker perched with the blurred background is stunning. You are so good at recognizing all the different birds, I struggle with that. Another cute Bee stitch to work on!! Have a great weekend. Mary

Maggee said...

I have recently seen a couple of Downy's, male and female, in the state park. That was nice... but not fun, like your pictures show they can be! I have been wondering when I will see the Flickers again... probably not till winter, here... Getting too hot and muggy to go out now, so stitching more lately. I bet by now you have finished the Little Bee project! Hugs!