Thursday, June 8, 2017

I'm Stitching!

It's amazing!  I'm stitching!  I'm not sure when I last picked up a needle.  

I sat on the back patio and stitched and watched birds like this female Lesser Goldfinch. 

I've had Cedar Waxwings in the area... 

...I just wish they'd come in closer.

The Evening Grosbeaks continue to hang around.
Three males and 2-3 females.  The longer they stay, the more likely they will nest here.

The Black-headed Grosbeaks do nest here, so later in the summer we should have some youngsters.

The Steller's Jays remain loud and raucous.

This young male Flicker 'talked and talked'. 

Four bird houses are occupied - all by Violet-green Swallows.

7 comments:

cucki said...

Happy stitching x

Robin in Virginia said...

Good to see you stitching again! You have made good progress on your bee. As always, your bird pictures are delightful.

arcadia said...

Thank you so much for sharing all those marvelous bird pictures, your posts always make my day !

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Sometimes we all lose that stitching bug...or life just gets in the way. I find when I pick up the needle again, I love getting back into the swing of things. --Andrea

Margaret said...

Yay on the stitching! You're doing better than me -- I haven't stitched in a very long time (with one occasional dabble that lasts 5 minutes.....) Love your bird pictures. How do you get those close up shots? Just wonderful!

deb said...

Yay for stitching - great start!

Your talking young flicker made me laugh - I do love to see your bird pictures. We should get a bird book to help identify who we see ... had a visitor the other day that had the delicate look of a mockingbird (though monochromatic) who walk/hopped up and down the sides of our brick planter more like a woodpecker. Ah, well, I can enjoy seeing them even if I don't know who they are, right? :)

Maggee said...

The Bee project is probably finished by now, but I certainly know about coming out of a slump! We only have Blue Grosbeaks here... would love to have more types! Last year, there was ONE Lesser Goldfinch spotted in our area, but I didn't see it...Would have been something! Hugs!