Monday, August 19, 2019

Plodding Along

Beginnings of a couple of birds and a month mostly spelled out.

On the Birding Front...
I got some very nice looks at an Orange-crowned Warbler.

It's the summer warbler that most frequently comes to a suet feeder. 

It's also my most nondescript warbler. 

Dull olive-gray back and muted yellow belly.

Still, a fun bird to see.

Sparrows are an often over-looked backyard bird.

Originally I thought this was a House Sparrow, so was pleased to ID it at as Chipping Sparrow, a native sparrow.

I am awash in Song Sparrows, but other than that, I do not often see other sparrows in the summer.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

You have made good progress on the March Square Dance stitch, Beth. Super shots of the Orange-crowned Warbler and the sparrows.

Lazy Days & Sundays said...

We have a lot of tree sparrows and house sparrows around our garden but it was lovely to see a wren bobbing about in the garden this morning. Too early to be able to get a photo unfortunately, but there is always tomorrow.

Mx

Barb said...

I agree, that sparrow is so pretty!