Thursday, August 8, 2019

A Little Finish to Share

Design - "Wool Whimsies - August"
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 32 count Natural Belfast linen
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 27 July 2019
Completed - 7 August 2019

The biggest challenge on this little stitch was attempting to master the blanket stitch.  I think I did okay.

I've not seem many Warblers this summer and was mulling that over when...

...a Black-throated Gray Warbler briefly stopped by.
Terrible photo, but I did get a good look with binoculars.


The Nuthatches have allowed me good looks and photos too.
This is a White-breasted Nuthatch.


I do not often see it up near the house. 

Red-breasted Nuthatches are more common feeder birds for me. 

But I would not call them 'regular'.

So it is nice when they do stop by.

They've been a bit more active this month.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your lighthouse finish! It is adorable. Beth, what kind of birdseed do you put out?

Barb said...

Your blanket stitch looks great. That is one stitch that gives me fits!