Tuesday, August 13, 2019

A Finish to Share

Design - "Square Dance - June"
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 32 count Vintage Country Mocha
Fibers - Classic Colorworks, & WDW -2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 4 August 2019
Completed - 11 August 2019

Here it is and I quite like it.


Now that the American Goldfinches have raised their young, they are no longer in breeding colors, but are much more muted.


This over-worked male is a very pale yellow - the bright canary-yellow outfit a thing of the past.

"Feed me!"

I continue to see Bushtits - that makes me happy. 

There are many more Juncos.


And there is still a young Brown-headed Cowbird or two hanging around.

Here's a young California Scrub Jay.

I thought they'd found all the hazelnuts there were - but this guy was successful.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your popsicle stitch is adorable! Way to go! That young California Scrub Jay is adorable. Interesting about the paler coloring in the Goldfinches!

Vickie said...

I love it Beth! I framed my Square Dance finish. I plan to pop each month in and out of the frame. :)

I miss the goldfinches, but I now enjoy house finches. :)

Margaret said...

Love your finish! And love all the birds too. I didn't realize the goldfinches toned down once the mating season was over. So interesting!