Sunday, August 11, 2019

Sunday's Hummers

I've had as many as six hummers in the backyard at the same time. 

A mix of Rufous and Anna's as you might expect.

A female Rufous

A female Anna's

I only managed one flower photo this week.

Adult male Anna's

The Rufous are the ones who've posed for me this past week.

Can you imagine how tiny their feathers are?

She's been working the plants in the mudroom flowerbed and has pollen on her bill.

Adult male Anna's

Nice series of a Rufous with lots of feather detail. 

Close...

...and closer still.

That's it for this week.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beth, I always enjoy seeing your hummer pictures. We had a lot of activity at our feeders this week. I really need to go sit on the back porch and take some pictures. Enjoy your Sunday!

LaNelle said...

Beautiful showing Beth, been extremely busy at my feeders which is a clue of what time of the season here in MN we don’t have much time left with my Favorite bird♥️ So I shall enjoy 😊

Rhodesia said...

I do love these birds. Enjoy your week, Diane

Barb said...

Such awesome little birds!! I am still shocked how they can survive the winter here, at lest the Anna's.