Friday, August 9, 2019

A Couple More Popsicles

A couple more popsicles!


Earlier in the week, I had a neat visitor. 
Two Western Wood Pewees were active in the early evening. 

Apparently my backyard is not big enough for two birds, as they continually ran off the other one.

One flew in quite close...

...and hung out on the top wire of the deer fence.  

It's fun to watch these birds swoop out, snag an insect, and fly back to their perch.

The Juncos are back in numbers including lots of youngsters like this bird.

Speaking of lots of birds - I think I had 5 quail families Wednesday afternoon - over 100 birds!

And I'm now seeing Bushtits regularly at a suet feeder.

Anywhere from 10-20 birds.

It is fun to watching them flit and chatter.

They are small but busy birds.

This is a close-up of a male.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your popsicles stitch is looking good, Beth! The Western Wood Pewees look like fun birds. Glad you are having lots of bird activity!