Friday, May 25, 2018

Memorial Weekend


A reminder of the original purpose of Memorial Day. I like this vintage postcard was the proofing leaves something to be desired.  Can you spot the error?

Memorial Weekend is a serious holiday, so I'll leave you with a short photo essay that should bring a smile to your face.

I often have a chipmunk eating out of a small plastic container on my front bird feeder. While he is there, the bird activity continues unabated. 

It's a different story though when Big Gray takes over the feeders.

To put it bluntly, it infuriates my Acorn Woodpeckers!
This male bird is staring down at the feeders and the squirrel planning his strategy.  

Yell loudly and dive-bomb the rodent!

Again and again and again!
Oh it made me laugh.  The bird came at the squirrel from the left and the right well over a dozen times.  The squirrel paid him no mind.  I felt sorry for the bird and went outside.  The squirrel left and the Acorn Woodpecker was once again King of the Bird Feeders! I guess I need to buy a squirrel baffle to stay in the Acorns' good graces.



   

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the picture of the bird dive bombing the squirrel! The Memorial Day post card is precious error and all.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Sometimes we miss this type of error as we look at the word pattern instead of the spelling Beth. The transposed letters are similar in shape and whoever has checked it has done it so quickly that they've not noticed. I often think that anything going to print should be double or triple checked!!

Margaret said...

What a great story! Glad you helped out the bird. Silly squirrels, always into places they shouldn't be!

Barb said...

I always hope the bird ultimately triumphs over the squirrel!!

Frances said...

Ha! I love the beautiful Memorial Day Card! Yes, I see the error!
I also noticed that what I think are eighth rests are printed backwards-the little "flag" on the rest is on the wrong side, except for two of them! ha
Funny squirrel! They can contort and get ANYWHERE!

Carol said...

Interesting about the error--not sure I would have noticed it at first glance. I so love vintage post cards :)