Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve

I'm getting ready to make a new year's worth of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day memories.  When I was growing up, we spent Christmas Eve with my paternal grandparents and Christmas Day with my maternal grandparents. All these years later, we continue to spend Christmas Eve with my father's side of the family.  His sister has graciously hosted a wonderful dinner for decades now.  Tonight's menu features Prime Rib.  I'm not sure that I can wait until 5pm!  We will host the Christmas Day dinner.  In past years we've had members of our extended family, but now it is three generations of our nuclear family with some special guests.


This photo from Christmas Day 1963 is one of my earliest and most dear memories.  I got a Chatty Cathy doll that year, and as you can see I am an absolutely thrilled four year old - and pretty fashionable too in a coat with a fur collar, and head scarf.  As a young child I was blessed to have several youthful doting aunts, including the 17-year-old Aunt Connie who posed with me. 
I am blessed to still have those youthful aunts, Connie, Sandie, and Mary as part of my life.   

8 comments:

Vickie said...

:D Oh, I love this picture of you Beth!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful photo you shared of you and your Aunt Connie! I remember Chatty Cathy. Have a wonderful Christmas Eve Day, Beth!

Ida said...

Sounds like good times. - Wishing you & your family a wonderful Christmas. Looing forward to blogging with you in 2018. God Bless.

Joyce said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Beth. Enjoy the time with your families and the memories you are making. Love the picture of you and your Aunt, and Chatty Cathy, I had one of those dolls also many moons ago. Always enjoy reading your blog and the wonderful pictures you have especially the trail cameras. Looking forward to 2018 and many more post.

RJ said...

What fun Beth! I love the photo of you and Aunt Beth and "Chatty Cathy". I had "Betsy Wetsy" but wanted "Chatty Cathy". Santa goofed that year. LOL!!!
RJ

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Cute photo and great memories--
WISHING YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND
ENJOY EACH AND EVERY MOMENT WITH FAMILY AND LOVED ONES-DI

deb said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Beth!

What a delightful picture of you and your aunt. I just loved my Chatty Cathy (I remember her record eventually got stuck so the only thing she could say was "please brush my hair" LOL!).

Maggee said...

What a great picture!! Love it!