Friday, December 15, 2017

Frosty Friday

I'm hard at work on this reindeer.  I misaligned his head (beneath the antlers) and had to frog out twelve rows, but now I'm back on track. 

I haven't seen any reindeer, or any deer lately.  Here are some of the birds that have been chowing down during our cold, frosty weather.

Most of the Pine Siskin flock has moved on...

...but I do still have anywhere from 6-18 birds at the feeders.

The Dark-eyed Juncos are some of the 'Early Birds' at the feeders.

And a Red-breasted Nuthatch or two continue to be regular visitors.

They are all about the peanut feeder.

Very single-minded. If it is not available, they sit and wait in the brush until the jays and other large birds have left.

Then out they flit, take a peanut, and fly off.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Sorry you had to do a head re-adjustment, Beth! We saw 4 deer along the tree line in our back yard yesterday. They are darkening up so it is harder to see them until they move. Great bird pictures!

RJ said...

Ripping out can be frustrating but you are back on the right path now. I love the stripes on that first bird...what a beauty! RJ

PS: what is the color of the red linen in your last post?

Barb said...

Sorry to hear about the frogging, I guess it is just part of our hobby! Some of those cute little guys do look cold!

Maggee said...

So THAT is what the nuthatches do?! I have at least a pair come by every day now... white-breasted. And I have seen plenty of Brown-headed in the wild--they are all so cute! Still no Red-breasted tho! I shall keep on looking! I only see Juncos in bad weather here... funny! I wish I could keep up on my blog and reading/commenting on others, but my days are not really mine to order. Sigh... I am tuckered now, so gonna go stitch, hopefully, without falling asleep! Busy busy day! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!