Monday, December 11, 2017

Cold Stitch, Cold Birds

Design - "Reindeer"
Chart - "Tiny Tidings XXI"
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 32 count French Cafe Mocha linen
Fibers - DMC & WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 1 December 2017
Completed - 5 December 2017

It's wouldn't be December if I did not stitch a reindeer or two!
I think reindeer would enjoy our recent weather - cold and clear.

The birds wait in the brush for me to put out food. 

A patient Black-capped Chickadee.

Dark-eyed Junco (Oregon) on a frosty branch.

California Quail puffed up against the cold.

The female in front photo bombed the rest of the group.

Three guys.

Heading to the feeders (I toss sunflower seeds on the ground for the quail).

5 comments:

Mary said...

Love the quail photos. The reindeer stitch is adorable!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your 'Be Bright' finish is adorable, Beth. Way to go! Your quail photos make me grin.

Vickie said...

Oh this stitch is sooo cute!

Barb said...

What a cute design and reindeer are perfect for this weather. They are saying rain by Fri. GOOD! That means snow in the mountains!

Maggee said...

Cute little reindeer stitch for the Holidays! Sorry it has begun to be cold for your birdies. We are up and down here. I am getting Cuddl Duds for Christmas to keep me extra warm while birding, when it gets really cold! Yay! Hugs!