Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Walking in a Week


The sun is shining, the frost has melted, let's go outside.

The traps are still at the pond - I take that to be a good thing - the beavers are still free!

Cow's parsnip sends up new shoots in late November, the plants then sit and wait until April to do any further growing. 

Pretty red rose hips. 

Clusters of Snowberries.

A snow white mushroom.

The apply named Methuselah's Bread lichen (Dolichousnea longissima).

Pin Oak leaves

Lungwort Lichen (Lobaria pulmonaria)

Look!  There's a Flicker watching us.

Dorothy's Creek is running fast and clear.

Hazel brush catkins.

Love the mosses on this rock.

I'm hoping that all the other bears are fast asleep!

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Great walk pictures, Beth! I loved (and chuckled over) the bear picture. I would love one of those in my yard.

Barb said...

I always love the walks!! In the NW it is very pretty this time of year.

RJ said...

Thank you for another great walk. That is a big bear!!! RJ

Maggee said...

I like the Cow's Parsnip that peeks out, then waits for spring to grown anymore. Interesting! Is that bear there to scare away other bears??