Monday, February 13, 2017

Valentine's Day Eve

Here's a Valentine from 1946.



My mother gave it to her father (my grandfather).

And here's the one she gave to her mother.



It's also from 1946.





I am late with this post, but it is worth waiting for as guess who came back?

The Bushtits that's who!

Adorable little birds.

I think this was a group of about eight.

The only way to tell a male from a female is by their eyes.
On the left is a female - she has a white rim around the iris, on the right is a male and his eyes are totally black. 

To get an idea of just how small they are, look at how large the Junco appears in comparison.

I was also delighted to see my White-throated Sparrow again.


7 comments:

Christine said...

What sweet little birds!
The vintage Valentine's cards are adorable

Stewart M said...

Very nice little birds, and even better family memorabilia.

Cheers - Stewart M - New Delhi, India (!)

Vickie said...

Those Valentines are precious. So are the Bushtits!

Frances said...

Those cards are so very sweet, and so are the birdies!

Christina said...

Wow, what precious family heirlooms. Thank you for sharing them with us!

Maggee said...

Love those Bushtits! They are so round and fluffy and cute! And what a special family memory you have with those valentines! I wonder what I have in all my genealogy stuff? Really gotta dig into it, and start scanning again! Could take years and years!! Hugs!

Astrids dragon said...

What precious cards, how wonderful to still have them!
The birds are beautiful, as always.