Saturday, October 25, 2014

Saturday Hummers

I counted three Anna's Hummingbirds (2 of them fighting with one another!)

They are one of the reasons I tarry in putting my garden to bed for the winter. 

They appreciate the late fuchsias.

I like them to have a natural nectar source as long as possible.

And I enjoy seeing them dart among the bright bloosoms...

...like my Black and Blue Salvia.

Here's a female...

...and here's a male.

He has much more red on the top of his head and throat.

Or is it pink rather than red? 

Almost the same color as the salvia.

The birds are using the feeders regularly, so I will maintain them throughout the winter months.

8 comments:

Vickie said...

What wonderful pictures! You are so blessed to have them with you all year.

Margaret said...

I love your hummer pictures! I'm glad you keep your garden going for them. They are my faves!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely mix of colours today Beth, both the flowers and the hummingbirds.

Barb said...

I loved seeing the little hummers! It has been so dark and gray today that we have had to keep lights on in the house all day.

Maggee said...

Hummers are so delightful to see! I put two bird feeders with seeds out this week, but have not seen any birds on them yet. Maybe the spot is not right... Have to research that some more! Hugs!

cucki said...

They so lovely x

Andrea said...

I love how you capture these beautiful birds.

Lizzy said...

Always so enjoy your posts. Thanks for sharing.