Monday, March 18, 2013

Sunday Was a Green Day

Sunday was Green in many ways...

Stitching Green Things...

I've begun stitching Cottage Garden Samplings "February's Primrose".  Vinniey did it again - another fun and interesting border.  Vinniey has a Facebook page and was kind enough to feature my January finish there.  She also has a blog which details her newest releases.  For anyone interested in stitching the series, Parsley has started a blog called "My Garden Journal SAL".  I've joined the SAL - thanks Parsley!  

And speaking of All Things Green (which I was)...

We spent a very pleasant time with friends and neighbors at a St' Patrick's Day Brunch.  As you can see from the menu, the food was amazing!  

The house was decorated in at least 40 shade of green - including green jelly beans. 

The tables featured polka dot napkins and a shamrock festooned table-runner.

Can you find the small running leprechaun?

A sprig of Shamrocks 

I love the mix of patterns 

There were even Shamrocks dangling from the light fixtures.

Isn't that just the coolest rack for pots and utensils?

I hope you had a most enjoyable St. Patrick's Day.  
I sure did.

13 comments:

Parsley said...

Great post for 'green' day! Love your start.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

What a fun day! Looks like a good time to me.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Green Day :) FUN!

Giovanna said...

Lovely new start!

Margaret said...

Looks like a fun day for sure! I love your new start too!

cucki said...

Lovely new start x

geeky Heather said...

What a fantastic menu! The green jellybeans reminded me of my mom...she used to pick all the green M&M's out of the bag to serve up on St. Patrick's Day.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm enjoying seeing this series stitching up. I popped over to the designer's blog and was most impressed.

Wanda said...

Congratulations Beth on being featured on facebook by the artist! The series is beautiful. After admiring your lovely February stitches, I can now say that I have stitched my first February ornament!
I was delighted to see your robin pictures yesterday as I had just seen my first robin - spring is definitely on the way! Have a great week,Wanda

Barb said...

What a pretty little start and all that green, what fun!

Chris said...

Looks like you had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!!

Maggee said...

Looks like a festive time was had by all on Saturday! I did the traditional menu of corned beef, cabbage, red taters and Irish Soda bread! Yumm... Have just a tiny bit leftover of everything... dinner tomorrow! Hugs!

Melanie said...

Great little get together for the holiday! Looks like a lot of fun. And I never say no to jelly beans. :)
(Those look like Jelly Belly pear ones from here. YUM.)