Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I am a Fan of Snow and Frost

Wow!  From the recent comments left on my blog, it appears as though 3/4 of the country is blanketed under several inches of snow, and Spring seems very far way.

As a show of support, I thought I'd begin stitching "January's Snowdrop". 

And hey, no snow, but it did reach 25F Monday morning. Let's see who and what was about on a frosty morning.

The teasel had a coat of white.

As did this thistle.

And down coats were evident everywhere.

A puffy feather coat is good protection against the cold.

The fawn has a nice heavy coat on too...


...much like the one her mother is wearing.
When I was very young, my mother and I had matching dress coats, and I felt ever-so grown up when we both wore them.   

I think our coats had a fur ruff, but it was, I assure you, fake fur!

9 comments:

Giovanna said...

Nice new project to start! It's a miserable rainy day here - have to wrap up just like your cute furry and feathery friends :-)

Carol said...

Yep--we got about 5 inches last night and boy, is it beautiful! Probably the prettiest snowfall we've had all winter... Sure glad I don't have to go outside today. Glad your feathery friends are keeping warm :)

I love your newest pick, Beth--Vinniey's designs are so pretty!

cucki said...

aww cute new project..sweet fellows in the photos..
big hugs x

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I saw the weather reports of a snow storm in the midwest. I enjoyed the close up view of the deer and their thick coats, you really do notice it when you click on the photo.

Pam in IL said...

I can relate to the need for the winter coat. It was only 15F here this morning. Beautiful pics!

Great new project you're starting too. Love the floss colors.

Maggee said...

That's going to be a lovely finish! I saw a red cardinal out the window this morning when I was doing my workout! He stuck out quite nicely! Brr... it is very windy and cold today! Probably gone tomorrow! When I was on FB I used a picture of me in the cutest coat and hat...love that picture! Maybe I will post it! Hugs!

Barb said...

That is such a pretty design. We had a bit of frost here on Mon. Now we are warm and back to rain.

Sarah Beth said...

Can't wait to see how the snowdrop turns out. Looks very nice. Love the floss colors

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

I love your spring-y stichery and the black-cap in your header! Your photos of the plants touched by frost are gorgeous, and all the ways the animals stay warm in the cold weather--lovely pictures! We've got a sunny day here today, and I'm finally getting over my cold, so I'm off to the garden to work! Take care, Beth, and have a wonderful week!