Friday, March 22, 2013

Hop and Hum


"Hippitty Hop" is going to be my first Easter stitch.  I say first as I might get one or two more worked into my rotation. 

Solomon an Indoor Cat, gets to spend a bit of time outside.  He is very, very taken with birds and thus requires supervision.  There are Juncos in that Daphne - can you tell? 

I don't worry about the cats and Hummingbirds this time of year.

There's not much in bloom, so the Hummers stick to my feeders and insects.

They are very territorial are rarely share the feeders.

I have one at each end of the Front Porch.

So you'd think I could have two birds anyway, one at each feeder.  But not for long as one will run off the other.

The morning light was just right to add a glint to the ruby neck feathers.

I think we were basking in the sunshine.

The green feathers too had an iridescent sheen to them.

9 comments:

Honeybee said...

Beautiful hummer pictures! They look like little jewels.

Giovanna said...

Nice start on the Easter stitch. And lovely pics of the hummingbirds - the very few I've seen in my life were never sitting still :-)

Ruth said...

Ahhh, beautiful. Frankly, I don't know how you get any stitching done with those hummers to watch :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love that little ruby neck, it's so rich. The feeders are a very clever design.

dixiesamplar said...

Great Easter stitch selection!

Oh my goodness, this has to be my favorite walk together ever...I LOVE HUMMERS! And, I miss mine right now. I usually have 10 in my backyard, but nothing so far. Might need to refresh the feeders to entice them back, LOL!

Margaret said...

Those hummingbirds! The green and red one -- wow! Love him! He looks more petite than the other one too. lol! Mia is an indoor kitty as well. Never been out the door, and knock on wood, has no desire to step outside. Although she loves bird watching. lol!

Pam in IL said...

Love the hummers! We won't see any here until May.

That's a cute Easter stitch you're working on.

Beth said...

between the cats and the birds, it is amazing that I stitch at all.

Maggee said...

Love those hummers too! Have fun with the first Easter stitch... you are probably done by now... Oh how I wish I did not have to go to work every day--maybe part time?? Hugs!