Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Good Day For Robins

Our warm weather ended Saturday. The temperature dropped and the rain returned.

Perfect weather for Robins.

There were Robins everywhere...

...stomping about the grass, looking for earthworms. 

Unlike many parts of the country, we have Robins all year long.

I do think that we get more Robins as Winter turns into Spring. 

Sometimes the male Varied Thrush keeps company with the Robins, though I did not see him Saturday.

This Robin appears to be taking a bow!
Let's hear it for Robins!

6 comments:

cucki said...

Aww sweet..I love robins so much x

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Your robins are so different to ours - we've had them visit all winter and often we have them in the summer too. I've only once seen a baby robin - it was a number of years ago when we had stopped in the Lake District and it was in the bushes in a car park beside a lake.

Margaret said...

Robins are one bird I can recognize. lol! Cardinals, and blue jays too. :D

Pam in IL said...

Yep, let's hear it for the Robin! Their return to IL is always a welcome sight and indicator that spring is going to get here -- eventually.

Barb said...

Love the robin pictures. We are also cool and cloudy with just a touch of rain.

Mouse said...

awwww they are cute ... I managed to get a photo of a robin while we were away on hols ... photo on my blog ... you can see the differences between the two robins quite clearly .... love mouse xxxxx
according to my blooming daffodils spring is here ... wish they would tell the weatherman brrrrr ...lol