Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring Flowers

I've chosen Sam Sarah's "V is for Violets" (Baubles) as my next little Spring Floral stitch.  Pretty colors including periwinkle.

Here's my Spring colors on the gardening front.

I think I mentioned that I bought some primroses...

...including a couple of Belarina primroses (back right)...

...and some more pansies to refresh the two benches on the front porch.

So now the benches contain some instant color as well as the bulbs I planted last October.  The Iris reticula are blooming, others will follow along over the next month or so.

Anyone who has read this blog for awhile, has probably figured out that I am partial to blue. 

My sister received this metal goat as a Christmas gift.  I moved him so that it appears as though he is considering a meal or primroses or daffodils.

This is the other bench.  It will have a bit more color as the spring bulbs come into their own.

The ornamental kale are starting to bolt and I should remove them and put in something else.  In the front are the two in Belarina primroses I bought.  Belarina primroses have the most amazing ruffled blooms.  Skagit Gardens carries a nice selection - if you click the "Next Plant" arrow you can see several different colors.  I successfully over-wintered some and need to get them set out on the Front Porch.  

10 comments:

Vickie said...

hahaha! The goat is great there Beth!
I am kinda partial to the "V" pattern. ;)
Love your primroses!! And of course the pansies, my favorite.

geeky Heather said...

The colors of the primroses are just amazing!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I do like the metal goat Beth, very different. It's great to see so much colour at this time of year.

Margaret said...

Oh I love all the spring blooming going on! Can't wait for that to happen here. That goat is so great -- love him!

Giovanna said...

What lovely flowers, and so many - wonderful! Enjoy the new project.

Pam in IL said...

So nice to see bright colors from your flowers! Do the Primroses continue to bloom? We can buy some Primroses in pots that are blooming right now, but once the blooms are gone, the plant dies.

Can't wait to see "V" when you get it done!

cucki said...

The goat is great ..I love her..
Love your primroses and pansies:)

Barb said...

All the flowers are so pretty. Spring is definitely on the way!

Carol said...

I love your next WIP, Beth--such pretty pastel violets! They have to be one of my most favorite flowers :)

Melanie said...

Love the goat. :)
Primroses and pansies and violets are some of my favorites for summer. Love the variety in color and, bonus, they are hard to kill. lol