Friday, March 1, 2013

March Blog Header Revealed

March 2013 Blog Header

While creating my March Blog Header, I decided to mix it up a bit and include cross stitch as well as photos of the 'real thing' in nature.

Row #1: Photo of Pileated Woodpecker; Cross Stitch -  Elizabeth Spurlock, "Chickadee" from "Easy Cross Stitch Pattern a Day Calendar 2009"; Cross Stitch - Heart in Hand, "D is for Daffodil"; then down to photo of Violets; up to photo of Snowdrops; down to photo of Chickadee; over to photo of Tulips; Cross Stitch - Cedar Hill, "Bouquet for February".

Row #2: Cross Stitch - Lizzie Kate, "Spring Basket"; Cross Stitch - Cedar Hill, "Bouquet for March"; Cross Stitch - The Little Stitcher, "Snowdrop"; photo of Daffodils. 

Row #3: Cross Stitch - Cedar Hill, "Sweet Violets"; photo of Cyclamen; Cross Stitch - Praiseworthy Stitches, "Winter Bird Delight" (kit); Cross Stitch - Hands to Work, "Spring Violets". 

17 comments:

Giovanna said...

What a lovely banner - you are so clever to make new one each month.

Maggee said...

Love them all, of course, but the Chickadee one is almost as accurate and excellent as the picture nearby! Wow! Real nice pattern! Hugs!

Margaret said...

They're all wonderful! How did it get to be March already? lol!

SewAmy said...

I think this is my favorite banner yet. Because of the bird pictures. I love birds and flowers.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

My favourite of the year so far, very bonnie Beth.

Vickie said...

Wow! You have done such lovely work. I pondered it a bit. Bouquet for March. That is my favorite. ;)

Carol said...

Ooh--such a gorgeous new header, Beth. I love all the shades of purple in this one! Really beautiful stitching you've done through the years :)

Denise said...

Pretty pretty! Is someone ready for spring??

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

New Month and more gorgeous pretties! These are all not only appropriate....but beautiful!

Anna van Schurman said...

I love the combination header. Nice work!

Pam in IL said...

Birds! Flowers! Spring!!! Oh so pretty!

Cindy's Stitching said...

really pretty header. I love spring.

Anne said...

Such a beautiful header! Makes me smile with hope of spring!!

Chris said...

Love this month's header!

Natasha said...

Beautiful header. I always enjoy seeing your stitching and your bird pictures!

Natasha said...

How do you make a header like this? I would like to make a new header for my blog. Thank you

Melanie said...

Love how closely the stitched chickadee matches the real life one! Very neat. :)