Friday, March 29, 2013

As Easter Approaches

Design - "Tiny Chick"
Chart -"Soft Boiled" #272
Designer - The Cricket Collection
Fabric - 30 count unknown yellow linen
Fibers - DMC 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - March 2013
Completed - 26 March 2013

I now find that I stitched three of these chicks a few years ago...

Design - "Which Came First?" - freebie
Designer - The Cricket Collection
Fabric - Antique lavender linen
Started - 16 March 2009
Completed - 22 March 2009

This design was a older freebie from the Cricket Collection.  I decided to stitch it three times - in a row - to make three "egg chicks".  Generally I have no confidence in my choices of linen or fibers, but this time I actually went out on a limb.  I chose the linen and the spring-time DMC colors to stitch.  To tie it together I used the three primary colors in each of the three eggs chicks as accents colors in a 2nd egg.  Thus the chick on the left is green with lavender accents, the middle chick is blue with green accents, and the far right chick is lavender with blue accents.

I am still awaiting the return of the Goldfinches.  In the meantime, a couple of small Pine Siskins are coming to my feeders.

Speaking of "feeders"!

I set out peanuts as well as sunflower seeds... 

It would appear that sunflower seeds win over peanuts.

 I noticed this guy has a small notch out of his right ear.

And he has an extreme case of Chipmunk Cheeks!

8 comments:

Wanda said...

Beth your little chicks are adorable with great colour choices! We have chipmunks back as well - a sure sign that spring is trying to arrive! Happy Easter, Wanda (and I saw your second monthly stitch on facebook on Cottage Garden Samplings post!)

Pam in IL said...

Tiny Chick and Which Came First are so adorable and cute! Perfect pieces for Easter. The chipmunk cheeks remind me of when my girls were little and would stuff marshmallows in their cheeks and giggle at each other. They'd call each other "chippy cheeks" and giggle some more.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely little chicks Beth, I do like them. I'm still enjoying your monthly series shown in your last post. The cats look so relaxed too.

Anna van Schurman said...

Cute! I think you did a great job on the trio of chicks too!

Elizabeth said...

All of it is so cute, but I would like to steal that chipmunk! He's so plump - looks like he's gorging early on the season's bounty :)

Barb said...

Such wonderful Spring/Easter projects. I love those little pine siskin.

Giovanna said...

Your chicks are all gorgeous! Love the chipmunk shots too :-)

Melanie said...

Very cute! They are adorable little plumpers.