Friday, March 15, 2013

Marching Along

Here's the chart, the linen, and the fibers for Cottage Garden Sampling's "February's Primrose".  Now in my book, the flowers on the chart look nothing like a primrose, but I'm willing to suspend disbelief for artistic license (and also because the daffodils in "March's Daffodil" really do look like daffodils.) 

With warmer weather, Tom-Cat has taken to marching about patrolling the property.

He was all business (which means deaf to coming when his name is called).

Watch out everyone - there's a predator on the move!

I think I mentioned earlier that the Red-breasted Sapsuckers had returned.
I have to confess I found it amusing that this one decided to pound away on the roof of our cat face birdhouse.

Now that they Sapsuckers are active once again, I keep looking to see Rufous Hummingbirds. Rufous Hummingbirds live in close association with Red-breasted Sapsucker. The Hummers nest near sap wells and often follow the Woodpeckers around during the day, feeding at the wells the Sapsuckers keeps flowing.

Almost every morning a "V" or two of Geese fly overhead.

I finally got a shot where the faces are clear (the guy on the left is 'honking') and the flight movement of the wing tips is pronounced. 

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Cool pics! The Sapsuckers are pretty! lol about Mr. Tom-Cat on patrol too!

cucki said...

aww the bird house is so sweetttttttttttttt
love the sweet kitty x

Kathy Ellen said...

February Primrose looks like a sweet design to stitch, but looks more like springtime with the pretty primroses and birds:)

Love Mr. Tom, on the prowl for those birdies coming into his territory. Beware all Sapsuckers and other birds, "the cat is on the prowl"!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Those are very neat designs, I'm almost tempted. I do like to see the geese photos.

Giovanna said...

Enjoy the new stitch!

Barb said...

I don't think I have ever seen a sapsucker. I will start looking for them. Cute cat photos!!

Barb said...

I don't think I have ever seen a sapsucker. I will start looking for them. Cute cat photos!!

Pam in IL said...

Beautiful colors for February's Primrose. Don't you love how the furry ones have selective hearing when they're on a "mission"! Awesome bird pics!