Saturday, August 13, 2011

Portland for Foodies!

I'm starting the day a bit slowly...but that is because I was up (and outside) from 4:00am to 5:15am this morning watching the Perseid meteor shower.  It was disappointing - between the light from the full moon, and light from the city of Eugene, I had a very small patch of dark sky left to watch.  In over an hour's time I only saw 6-8 meteors - but about 4 of those did have very nice bright tails...
My last Portland post is FOOD-driven!

From the Farmers' Market...

...to a 2-block area downtown ringed with food carts... 

...Portland abounds with food!
How about a Grilled PB&J Sandwich?

I had lunch (a chocolate milk shake) at the award winning Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe...

And came home with these lovely goodies!
.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Sorry you didn't get to see many meteors but you have to admit a full moon night is so lovely in itself. Those chocolates look so delicious!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Pity about the meteor shower but the chocolates are at least some consolation Beth.

greggo said...

yum, makes me hungry.

Melanie said...

YUM.