Monday, August 8, 2011

Strawberry Monday

Several new Followers joined this past week!
Welcome Everyone!

Design - "Strawberry Sampler" (Flora McSample)
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 30 count WDW Parchment
Fibers - Crescent Colors, WDW, GAST
Started - 30 July 2011
Completed - 4 August 2011

I think Lizzie Kate has done a great job with her creation of Lizzie McSample (an imaginary friend of Theresa Venette's Jenny Bean).  The charts & kits thus far have been innovative and charming!

And isn't this little girl charming?

She's a newly fledged Evening Grosbeak...

She still flutters as much as she flies...

And she's still a major-time begger.  Her Mom gave in and fed her sunflower seeds from the feeder.

8 comments:

Gabi said...

What a gorgeous finish. Congrats.
And how cute that little bird is. Love it.

Siobhán said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations on the finish! It looks great.

I am so impressed that you know the name of so many birds. I'm trying to learn the names of the birds here, slowly but surely.

Have a great week!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a bonnie little bird and a lovely finish too.

geeky Heather said...

What a sweet fledgling!

Congratulations on your finish; I love the soft colors.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Great Finish!! I also love these New Designs. That baby Grosbeak is so cute!! Your pictures are always beautiful.. I can't manage to take any pictures since May.. In Bama it is so hot, Can't stand to be outside for too long...

Sarah Beth said...

Do you make your won tuck pillows? If so can you tell me how to make them or lead me to a tutorial of how to make them please. Your strawberry looks great and the birds are so nice to look at aren't they.

Annemarie said...

Ooh, that LK pillow is adorable! And such pretty birds!

Ruth said...

Lovely finish. Hmmm.... reminds me it's well past noon and there are berries waiting for me in my lunch sack.

Oh, and thanks for the birdie sharing :) Your pics always make me smile.