Thursday, August 25, 2011

Buttons and Birds

This photograph does not do "Button Button" justice.  The colors are wonderfully vivid. So far, it is a pleasure to stitch.

We've had some hot weather (90F+) the last few days... 

The cats do most of their patrolling in the cool of the morning...then laze around in the afternoon and evening. 

I'm most pleased to have a few woodpeckers return to the mullein and the suet feeder.

This sweet little female Hairy woodpecker spent a good 20 minutes working over the mullein. 

I must assume that there are some ripe seeds available for consumption!

Every time I look at the mullein in dismay (as they are invasive thugs!)...I have to remember that half a dozen different kinds of birds work on the seeds all Fall and Winter long.

All this talking about food has made me hungry - it must be time for breakfast! 

3 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Puss looks very handsome there, I lose track of how many you have.

MoonBeam said...

I'm not familiar with mullein. Very interesting.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Button, button looks like a neat, fun piece.