Friday, August 26, 2011

Not Quite...

When is a finish not a finish?  When after careful consideration, I've decided that the upper left Navy Peacock must go!  So I'm going to frog it out and make it a Red Peacock as originally charted.  But hey, look at "O Beautiful" - over-one stitching without loss of hair or high blood pressure medication!

Yesterday was yet another hot day - this morning about 3:30am we even had some "heat lightening" and a trace of rain.  It made for a pretty sunrise later on.  As warm as it has been the past few days, I end up watering everyday.  That's okay though as I get to it in the cool of the morning, or wait until late in the evening.  And it does allow me to look, really look at my plants and enjoy foliage color...

The many shades of green contrasting with begonia blossoms!

The coleus have been stellar performers this year...

As have the fuchsias...

Hostas, ferns, and coleus... 

In the last week or so the Goldfinches have begun to perch on my Verbena bonarius...

I think there must be tiny, tiny seeds that they are plucking out.

2 comments:

Mindi said...

Congratulations on sort of a finish? Close enough! I agree with you, and I'd rip out the offending peacock as well, the balance will be perfect once you adjust the color. Anyway, its a stunning piece, very nice job.

Melanie said...

Congrats on a near finish! lol
(Though I can see how a color change might be nice for that peacock. Makes him different than the one directly beneath him.)