Sunday, August 21, 2011

92F Yesterday with a Chance of Snowmen!

Yesterday was the warmest day of the year! 
In honor of that...here's a new frame I bought.  Not exactly seasonal...

Saturday the temperature reached 92F - only the 2nd time this summer we've breached the 90F mark.  The great thing about this part of the world is that we cool off in the evening (our night time lows are in the mid-50F range), and we rarely have humidity issues.  Thus, this evening we were all outside by 7:30pm enjoying a pleasant 76F, and watching the bunnies, quail and deer.  As the light waned, a flight of seven ducks flew overhead.  They were soon followed by a couple of brown bats who kept the mosquitoes at bay!  AS the first stars flickered into view, the International Space Station orbited past us at 8:51pm.  What a perfect summer evening!

    We also had a lovely morning at the Farmers' Market.   

Late August in the market and there were melons... 

including Lambkin melons...

and still more melons!

So many pretty melons...

We bought three different ones to try...

It was hard to choose...

Late August it appears is all about MELONS!

3 comments:

butterfly said...

Love the snowman frame ,and all the different Melons wow did not know there were so many different ones.

Siobhán said...

I am sitting here with my DH & I read out to him what you wrote about the weather. I won't say what he said exactly, but suffice it to say, he is insanely jealous. ;) LOL Now he is showing me pictures of Bandon Dunes golf club in Oregon. Anyway, yeah--we're jealous.

YUMMMMM on the melons! I love them.

Melanie said...

WOW. I only found a couple lonely watermelons at my farmer's market last week. I'm JEALOUS. lol
I have mad love for the yellow watermelons I can find once in a while. OMGOSH good.