Monday, August 29, 2011

Eugene Celebration 2011


I took some cross stitch in to be framed in mid-July. 
This is Cedar Hill's "March Bouquet" and I'm very pleased with the finished product.  Capper's (a local frame shop) does a wonderful job suggesting mats and frames, and they excell at stretching stitched pieces so the lines are tight and true.  It was worth the wait!
   
No weather worries to impact a truly Eugene day on Saturday!

Everyone was in a festive mood as the Eugene Celebration Parade began!

We had Bagpipers....
  
and SMART Readers...

and Storm Troopers...

and our Reigning Slug Queen!

The Knotty Knitters knit as they walked the parade route...
  
The 100 Hen March was well represented!

I liked Greenhill Humane Society's entry! 

We had Belly-dancers...

and Hoe-Dads!

and Marching Bands...

Something for Everyone!

5 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

March bouquet is just lovely, very pretty colours. The hen march made me smile and I enjoyed seeing the other participants.

Nancy said...

March Bouquet is lovely! Loved the parade pictures!

Carol said...

Such a beautifully framed AND stitched piece, Beth! I love it :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful cross stitch piece. It has motivated me today! Great framing. Love Eugene! Sue

Tea said...

Button, Button is very pretty and delicate. Luv the plants. Have to come back and let my eyes just goggle...