Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday...Saturday


One down ("Be Mine"), and three to go...
I think I'll work on "Twin Hearts" this weekend - it and "Alphabet Sampler" are both close to finished.


On my walk-about Friday, I came upon this charming vignette...
A sweet little bunny amongst the daffodils...

I think this is as close as I'll ever get to a Marjolein Bastin "Hallmark Moment".

Mr Cal Quail was all puffed up - I'd not noticed the lovely necklace feather pattern before - it is especially striking around the back of his throat.

Everyone was puffed, puffed, puffed up.
Cold because there was frost on the ground?
Courting?

And it turned out to be a two-bunny day!

3 comments:

carol fun said...

Love all the critter pictures - the patterning on the quails is gorgeous. And I love you comment about the Marjolein Bastin/Hallmark moment -- I love her style and somewhere in my UFO pile is big cross stitch piece of her's I started long long ago-- it is still pretty. Hope to get back to it some day -- take care and happy stitching!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The pattern round the neck of the quails is just beautiful. The beauty of nature never ceases to amaze me. PS You were right Beth, the central belt of Scotland, where we live, did end up with snow - several inches.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Great projects you've got going and love the bunny and quail pics!