Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Marching Along

I thought I'd let the March Hare chose today's cross stitch piece.
After dumping out six boxes of completed projects, 
he decided this was his favorite:  

Design - "Family Rabbits" #17
Designer - The Cricket Collection
Fabric -36 count Cream linen
Fibers - DMC
Started - 24 June 1999
Completed - 9 July 1999


It's Wednesday.
It's stopped raining, let's go outside.
It's time to look for signs of Spring.

Daffodils

Vulture in a Tree

Let me just say the "Swallows of San Juan Capistrano" have nothing, I repeat nothing, on the "Turkey Vultures of Lorane Highway".   

Vulture in the air

Yesterday I spied a pair of Turkey Vultures - truly a sign that Spring cannot be far away.

Perhaps a prettier sign of Spring - wild violets!

You can see other interpretations of Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer.

5 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love seeing your outdoor photos alongside your needlework. It's a nice combination and I especially enjoy the birds you feature. Well done on your 100 followers.

Devon said...

Both bunnies are adorable,,,and I really love the picture of the wild violet as it is my favorite flower..hope the spring weather stays with you..have a blessed week..
Devon

CalamityJr said...

Love your whole post - your new header, the bunny, and the new project! Thanks for sharing.

Alisa said...

Lovely pics...really love the bunny!

Donnie said...

Love your needlework. The violets are beautiful but I'll have to count the vultures as a necessary item..lol..