Friday, March 4, 2011

Floral Color for a Gray Day


A little progress anyway - a few more (over one) letters in the alphabet of "Sweet Winter".  I'm going to have to pick up the pace to make sure I get this done before the Winter Equinox!

On a gray day, the flora can program some much-needed color.

I love the leaves of this Trillium - the mottled chocolate on vibrant green!

This is an especially stunning primrose too.  Hybridized especially for pots.

...and the Daffodils...

Iris Reticulata - very pretty too.
Now I'm being rewarded for all my "hard" work in November potting up my Spring bulbs - they certainly are a pleasant sight.

4 comments:

CalamityJr said...

What a pretty pattern! Maybe it will help make the sun shine... ?

Mouse said...

Love the sweet winter :) and ooo lovely iris , dafs and the primroses :) love mouse xxx
ps was that little bird a grey wagtail ???

Ann at Beadlework. said...

A very unusual primrose, lovely.

Alisa said...

Love your iris...really lovely!