Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Floral Abundance of All Sorts


Cedar Hill's "Bouquet for March" is supposed to be my March Big Stitch Project (see the sidebar on my blog 2011 Stitching projects).  But I'm so flummoxed with stitching over one (Brightneedle - "Sweet Winter") that I've not yet begun.  I decided to go for some instant gratification, and I kitted it up yesterday afternoon.  I can't wait to begin stitching.

For the Tuesday Garden Party, I thought I'd keep with a floral theme and share some of the plants blooming in mid-March.

Our Tete-a-Tete daffodils have thrived, and increased dramatically in just three years.  So much so, they probably need to be divided. 

Belarina primroses - Buttercup Yellow and Cream
As I've mentioned before I'm a sucker for Garden Art, so I had to purchase
the Dragonfly and Ladybug plant stakes - so cute.
I also bought two more Belarina primroses.  

Belarina primrose - Cobalt Blue
My sister bought a Cobalt Blue one for my Mom's birthday in mid-February, and it is still blooming profusely as shown above. So I've become a fan. 

Belarina primrose - Buttercup Yellow
The plants are nicely compact...

Belarina primrose - Cream
And the blooms fresh and extraordinarily long-lasting. 

My iris reticulata have lasted a couple of weeks...

Crocus - Pickwick
And now the crocus have begun to bloom.

Last, but certainly not least - the Daphne - when the wind blows the fragrance drifts in the breeze and it smells of Spring!

3 comments:

Fishtail Cottage said...

Yeah - so excited you are seeing spring. It is cloudy & miserable where i am at. I love daphne - mine has had a hard time getting started...planted it two years ago & hoping to see something this year - how long did yours take to get established?
~tracie

Alisa said...

Love your next project...looking forward to seeing it progress. Beautiful flowers!!!

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage said...

Oh my goodness, that white primrose is to die for! I want one. :-) I haven't seen those around, now I'm going to be on the look out, for sure.

-Jami
An Oregon Cottage